Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Welcome to Alabama

I set my alarm for 5 am this morning thinking that it would take me at least 30 minutes to get out of bed. I think my excitement allowed me to go to bed at midnight and wake up at 4, however, with no lack of energy. We left a little early for the airport and ended up waiting for 45 minutes just sitting before security. Knowing me, I got bored and antsy right away so I said goodbye to my mother and decided to get on my way. My mom got teary but I had no problem saying goodbye... it's only for a week and I've been looking so  forward to this trip since the winter. Thank God this day had finally come!

You know, since I've left my parental supervision and have truly been "on my own," I learned a lot. For one, the world is very small. I ended up sitting next to one of my good friend's grandmothers! How ironic! I met a man who was clad in army attire and ended up being on my flight. He was infact headed BACK to Iraq leaving home his 1.5 year old son and wife. He had been crying which made me emotional considering I can't even fathom the strength one must have to say goodbye and risk his or her own life for the cause of freedom. I've also learned that people can be very rude, especially if they're high falutin and don't consider that some people have never flown in an airplane by themselves! Oh well. 

Anyways, skipping the jibber-jabber, ALABAMA IS AMAZING! I landed safely in the hot and humid city of Pensecola, Florida. As soon as I reunited with Mrs. K, Alex, and Ari, we went straight to Steak N' Shake where I ordered a "Steak Frank" (try saying that 10 times fast!) We spent our lunch chatting and going over everything that has happened in the absent year when Mrs. Kaminski immediately pointed out the cute boys who showed up to eat adjacent to our table. Let me just tell you... I've missed her a lot! Anyways, we drove home and I got the tour of the house. It's like a weird flashback considering it's all the same furniture I saw a year ago. We spent the day watching movies and row boating out on the backyard pond/lake thingy with the kids. Then we took a quick trip to the community pool to wash off all of the grime and sludge. Me and Ari are currently watching the Saw movies and plan to stay up all night. If i could describe my trip so far in one word, i'd have to say it's already AWESOME!  Can't wait for tomorrow! (:






1 comment:

  1. Are we having too much fun to write?
    Mrs. K is going to help you plan your next visit. Thanksgiving? Christmas? Just make the plan, earmark the plane ticket on Orbitz. Just set the date. Let your friendship with Ari be like a stone skipping across a smooth body of water. The next visit not an "if" but a "when". I highly recommend Mardi Gras!! Love, Aunt Shell

    ReplyDelete