Sunday, July 18, 2010

I KNEW This Would Happen!

This is a perfect example of why I have such issues blogging; everytime something exciting happens I'm way too busy to even post! And let me tell "y'all"... I have been having the time of my life! Ari and I have been constantly on-the-go that I'm having trouble recapping all of the "laugh out loud" moments or picking out my favorite thing we've done this week. To be honest, it's all been such a new experience as well as one of those trips that you never forget in your lifetime, despite anywhere else you may travel. It's a foreign thought to think about where I (meaning me and ari, as well as our old posse) was a year ago at this time. So much has changed, but I've learned that life takes you in a direction of which you are suppose to go. We all have choices, chances, and opportunities; however, when it comes down to the fact of the matter, there is always a purpose as to why. Well, this is just what I believe.

Anyways, my first full day spent in Alabama was at the outdoor mall which reminded me a lot of a tourist area at an Americanized island. There were certainly stores I had never been in nor had I heard of, so you'd think I'd want to spend my money on things that were different from what I'm use to. NOPE! I bought all my clothes at Charlotte Russe (the exact same things we have in New Hampshire) and then a couple bracelets at Claire's (yet again, the same stuff I could have bought at home). It's worth it though because Ari decided to take me to a movie none other than the oh so famous Eclipse. I'm not a huge fan of the vampire deal, but for some odd reason the Twilight movies have me hooked! It was an excellent day that closed with watching the second Saw movie (we watched Saw 1 on my first night here) which was perfect. It's a tradition for us girls to watch a scary movie right before we go to bed. I think I watched more movies last summer than I will for the rest of my life!

The next day was more of a hang out day. Ari had volleyball so I was able to go to her school and check things out.  I met "T" (who I was friends with on Facebook prior to coming here) and a couple girls who took me to the work out rooms. Spanish Fort High is a lot different from Bow High in the sense that the atmosphere and environment is much more small town-like where I'm from. That's what I gathered as I got the grand tour from Ari. You know, it's an out-of-place feeling to be separated from your best friend for a year and to see her own customs and what she had to adapt to was very interesting. It's good though because now I can comprehend the stories she tells me about school, friends, life, etc. I can finally place an image in my mind and know what she's talking about... to some extent.

The rest of the day was filled with fishing trips on the backyard "lake" with the kids and some more Saw movies! I'd write more but I'm super tired and can barely spell my own name correctly. I'll update you guys on the rest of the week later.

1 comment: